My life can get overwhelming – as I’m sure yours can too!
Living in my house currently are three adults, three children between ages 1 and 9, two dogs, two cats and a partridge in a pear tree. Just kidding. About the partridge. There really are 10 living things residing in my home. I get overwhelmed and sometimes it’s so hard to have a clear head and focus on the important things.
Sometimes it helps a TON just to get a little time to myself to do something simple like stare at my phone and play a mindless game or quickly tidy up a part of my house that badly needs it.
Here I’ve compiled a list of 25 very easy things you can do to clear your head when you’re overwhelmed. Not every option is for everyone, but every option can work for someone.
25 QUICK Things To Do to Clear Your Head
- Clean out your purse and wallet. Get ride of the garbage. Dump the crumbs and dust balls.
- Clear off one clutter spot in your home.
- Make sure you have the outfits you need for the week. You don’t want to find out that your best pants got missed on laundry day.
- Clean off your dresser and night stand.
- Empty any full garbage bins in the house.
- Grab a sheet of paper and brain dump all the things you need to do that are overwhelming you.
- Put on an AWESOME song really loud and dance it out.
- Get outside – go for a walk. Or my favorite – swing on the swings for a few minutes.
- Plan out your day or week on paper. (I recommend the Happy Planner! Big, classic or mini. Love ’em all. )
- Write down 10 things that you’re happy about right now.
- Read a book in the tub. Even if for only 10 minutes.
- Watch funny videos of squirrels. Or llamas. Or babies.
- Have a blast from the past – Watch some old school Britney Spears music videos. Or whoever you liked when you were a young teen.
- Play a super addicting, mind-numbingly easy phone game – The ones I’m always playing are either Four Plus or Super 2048. (Google Play app links!) This is a shot of my current Super 2048 game. Amazing – because literally all you do is swipe around to combine numbers.
- Take a few minutes to watch a YouTube video or read an informative article on something you want to learn about. I love listening to webinars on blogging, planning, and growing your own business in the background while I do other things.
- Meditate. No, really. Or just sit in a comfortable spot, straighten out your spine, close your eyes, then take a slow, deep breath. Picture your lungs filling with air. Then slowly let it out. Repeat until you feel more relaxed.
- Color. I love all my adult coloring books. It’s even more relaxing as it’s something I can do with my daughter. Or do a craft.
- Write. Write a story, a blog post, a novel, a letter, a poem, a diary entry. Just write.
- If something specific is bugging you, write it out. Especially if it’s things you feel you can’t say out loud. Either use what you have written to help you solve the problem, talk to the person etc. or rip it up and destroy it. The point here is to hold nothing back.
- Knock something off your to-do list that’s been there for too long. Hang that old picture frame. Organize your CD collection. Clean unused clothes out of your closet.
- Scour your home for unused or unwanted items that could be useful to someone else. Donate them to goodwill.
- Find an easy home-workout video and get in some exercise time. I, for one, enjoy yoga.
- Make slime. Even if you don’t have children to make it with. Squishing it through your fingers is so much fun. This is the recipe I use.
- Try something new. A genre of book you never read. A new recipe. A new workout. Something new.
- Read inspirational quotes. Many are very cheesy but sometimes you find something that really speaks to you.
Now that you have a whole list of ideas to try, tell me in the comments –
What is your favorite thing to do to clear your head?
* Disclosure – This post contains a few affiliate links to sh*t I actually love *